Time Warp - Vietnam Shooter

For the third entry in my series of Time Warp posts, here is an assessment piece developed during my second trimester of 2014. The criteria for my GAM101 - Scripting for Game Developers class, was that "students are required to apply technical coding elements in the creation of a small game". It was intended that students build upon a previously created game from earlier on in the subject, and perform a "Simple 3D Enhancement". I essentially started from scratch, shifting the scope of my project to more of a Vietnam war styled shooter. Much inspiration was gained from older titles that I played when I was younger, including Vietcong and Line of Sight: Vietnam. The latter of which I fondly remember installing from a demo disc in an edition of PC Gamer.




It features two small levels with a basic menu and high score system. Weapons were modeled and textured by myself using Milkshape 3D and Ultimate Unwrap, I have since got with the times and learned Blender. Sounds were ripped from Line of Sight: Vietnam by nFusion and all other assets such as trees, shrubs and ground textures were sourced for free from the Unity asset store. Although the AI is very primitive, it is still possible to hide behind trees or structures in order to avoid being seen. Try and find the hidden easter egg, a bit of nostalgia for those who remember computing in the late nineties through to the early millennium!






Controls

Move – WASD/Arrow Keys
Look – Mouse
Jump – Spacebar
Reload – R
Select Weapon – Mouse Wheel/Number Keys
Primary Attack (Shoot) – Left Mouse Button/Left Control
Secondary Attack (Throw) – Right Mouse Button/Left Alt
Return to Menu – ESC

Play it here.

Comments

Popular Posts